• Daan van Klinken
  • "Road trip to the UK, where to stay, what to see?"

Daan van Klinken

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Road trip to the UK, where to stay, what to see?

We are a couple and traveling to the UK in August for about three weeks. We want to do a little road trip, starting and ending in Dover. For now we would like to see Wales and the Peak District.

• We have a car
  • We have a tent
  • We have three weeks
  • Budget is $$ (out of $$$$$)
  • We like original/semi-undiscovered places.

What are some nice places to stay? And I've never been to Wales, what part of Wales is the most interesting? What places should I see?

• Molly S

Hi!

If you're going to Wales, I would definitely recommend seeing the north coast - Anglesey in particular. There's plenty of campsites there if you're bringing a tent, and the scenery is stunning. Anglesey

Conwy is also a nice town - lots of lovely independent shops and a spectacular castle (and Britain's smallest house if you like quirky sights!). Conwy

You can't really go wrong with Snowdonia National Park either. Amazing walking & climbing, or you can just sit by your tent and look at the views!

Further south, Pembrokeshire has a beautiful coastline - the beaches are some of the best in the UK.

Even in August, though, the weather can be unpredictable in Wales (and the rest of the UK as well!) so bring warm clothes and waterproof gear.

Can't help with the Peak District, I'm afraid - I haven't been for years :).

Hope you enjoy your trip!

• Daan v.

Daan v.

Thanks for your answer Molly! We'll definitely check out Snowdonia and the areas you mentioned. I just checked the 14-days weather report, and it doesn't look that great no :( Would you say that we can skip the south side of Wales (near Swansea), when we visit Pembrokeshire instead? · (0 likelikes)

• Molly S.

Molly S.

You're welcome! To be honest, I think you can probably miss out Swansea and Cardiff. The really lovely scenery is around Haverfordwest, St Davids, and north from there. Hope the weather isn't too bad for you! · (0 likelikes)

1. Anglesey (attraction)
    2. Conwy (city)
    3. Snowdonia National Park (attraction)
    4. Pembrokeshire (metro area)

• ·
    • ·

Send Molly a Thank You Note