• Joe Mattia
  • "Best way to get from Cancun to Tulum - Places to stay in Tulum and Food "

Best way to get from Cancun to Tulum - Places to stay in Tulum and Food

Hi my wife and I are flying into Cancun this Sunday night and are just spending 1 night in Cancun and then headed to Tulum for 2.5 weeks.

We are looking for recommendations for a place to stay close to the airport since we get in late and it would be great if the place offered a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The hotel should be clean less than $40usd per night would be perfect. 

Also we would like to know what is the best way to get from Cancun to Tulum.

We would like to know any recommendations for a clean place to stay in Tulum close to the beach around $40 to $50usd per night.  

Please let me know if there are any good vegetarian or organic places to eat in Tulum and any health food stores. 

Also please include any information you have about changing money is it better to use a bank card and take money out at atm or can we just bring cash and change it easily. 

Thank you so much for taking time to help out :) Joe

• Serena McClain

Hi Joe, Tulum is one of my favorite places in all of Mexico! It's truly a paradise. However, I do think that you may struggle staying within a $50/night budget, especially if you want to be beach front, as it is one of the pricier beach towns in Mexico. I had friends that stayed in a little bungalow right on the beach, but it had no electricity (thus no fan) and a shared outdoor bathroom, and I think they paid around $60 a night for that.

Tulum is small but many places have ATM's, so it's easiest to just take a a bank card and take out cash once you get there.

All of the food in Tulum is wonderful as there are many local farm-to-table restaurants, full of organic and delicious Mexican food. It's not a vegetarian restaurant, but El Tabano is excellent and has many vegetarian dishes.

1. El Tabano (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Serena a Thank You Note