• Stanley Conan
  • "Layover in Tokyo. What is the first thing I should do?"

Stanley Conan

Butte, Montana

Layover in Tokyo. What is the first thing I should do?

I have a layover in Tokyo from 8 AM to 6 PM.  I plan on making my way into the city during that time and will be traveling light.  This will be my first time in Tokyo, so where's the first place I should head to after landing?  Just putting this out there, but I'm pretty adventurous and will eat anything!

• Justin Schmid

Tough situation ... it will take you a good two hours to get from Narita Airport to anyplace fun in Tokyo. I'd say get as close to Akihabara as you can and just walk around. There is no place on earth crammed with as much wondrous stuff to gawk at per linear foot. Seriously.

• Stanley C.

Stanley C.

Wow, I thought there would be closer places, but I appreciate the tip on Akihabara. I hear it's like video game town there! · (0 likelikes)

1. Akihabara (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Justin a Thank You Note