• Saqib Khwaja
  • "Best time of year for a 1-2 week Tokyo + surrounding area trip?"

Saqib Khwaja

Houston, Texas

Best time of year for a 1-2 week Tokyo + surrounding area trip?

I'm looking to plan a solo 1-2 week trip to Tokyo and surrounding areas. My dates are flexible but I'd like to know the best dates to travel to avoid any busy seasons.

I'd like to catch the Cherry blossoms but if it will be crazy busy that time of year I can avoid it.

My budget will go towards attractions and restaurants as flights/lodging will be covered by points.

• Kyoto (city)

Kyoto

• Tokyo (city)

Tokyo

• Alex Novak

I would go in April/May or September/October. August is hot as can be but you can go to some of fireworks shows around the city. They are the best in the world and can be huge. Winter time, if interested, can be great with the skiing. Otherwise cherry blossom season is 1-2 weeks. Agree with the Japan rail pass. You can only buy it OUTSIDE of japan. But it offers great value.

• ·
    • ·

Send Alex a Thank You Note