Alex Jefferson

Santa Cruz, California

Affordable hotels in Toyko

I'm having hard time finding anything affordable in the city--I never spend much time in my room so I'd rather not spend too much on it. Can anyone recommend a clean, relatively well-located hotel? 

• Cameron Stark

Alex,

Affordability is a relative thing. You can find rooms from about $35US at Capsule Hotels to $500 at the Hyatt in Tokyo. My guess is you are looking to be nicer than a capsule, but not quite $500. The Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel GINZA and Apa Hotel Ginza-kyobashi are both great business style hotels (APA is a hotel chain around Tokyo) I have stayed at that run about $100US/night. The Sheraton Miyako hotel runs about $150US/night and is also a great hotel that offers shuttle service to/from Meguro station (and service to Shinagawa in the morning). Hopefully these help. If you can provide a price range and what you plan to do while in Tokyo, I might be able to recommend some others.

• Alex J.

Alex J.

Thank you for the advice. You've got me pegged man! I can do better than a capsule but don't want to spend $500! $100-$150 a night sounds doable. I'll look into these and any others you have to suggest. I don't really have much of a plan except to wander, eat sushi, and see the Tsukiji Fish Market at this point. · (0 likelikes)

1. Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel GINZA (hotel)
    2. Apa Hotel Ginza-kyobashi (hotel)
    3. Sheraton Miyako (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Cameron a Thank You Note