• brendan kriegs
  • "Thailand's West or East Coast Islands for ~8-12 Days?"

brendan kriegs

Seattle, Washington

Thailand's West or East Coast Islands for ~8-12 Days?

I am traveling to Thailand Dec 25-Jan 17 and I am torn between the West (Krabi/Railay, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta) and the East (Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Koh Samui).  In 23 days, the obvious answer is "both"- however I would like to spend a decent amount of time in the North (Chiang Mai, Pai, Chiang Rai etc) as well. It seems best to pick a coast, allowing time to relax/enjoy rather than hurry about.   I am 23, solo, and plan to stay in hostels.  Any advice would be great! Thanks!

• Eugeny Shevelev

well, Koh Samui is bigger, and more luxury for me. I would recommend Krabi (Ao Nang) and Koh Phi Phi. Koh Phi Phi is better for every day party, from Ao Nang you will have to spend about 200 thai baht for Railey Beach roundtrip on boat everyday. But you can also visit Langkawi by boat from Krabi.

I lived on Koh Samui 6 months in 2012, and last year I visited both Krabi and Samui in january. For solo travel I recommend √. We stayed in a mix of guest house / spa for 800 THB/ triple. You can also tell them that you wil sleep in massage salon, it will be even more cheaper.

1. Koh Samui (island)
    2. Krabi (city)
    3. Ao Nang (city)
    4. Koh Phi Phi (city)
    5. Railey Beach (attraction)
    6. Langkawi (region)

• ·
    • ·

Send Eugeny a Thank You Note