• Anita Ellison
  • "How do I get from Bangkok to Phi Phi islands?"

How do I get from Bangkok to Phi Phi islands?

How do we get from Bangkok to the Phi Phi islands the fastest?  And where would we stay there?  Looking at maybe $75.00 a night.  By the way, are there boats or sail boats to take you on snorkeling tours and to see other islands?  Thank you, Anita 

• Cameron Stark

Anita, I recommend flying out of Don Muang airport on Air Asia. (I believe Nok air and Thai Airways also fly domestically). You can fly to either Phuket or Krabi (I recommend Krabi because it is less touristy) once there look for a transfer desk and buy a ticket to Phi Phi. They will put you in a shuttle to the pier and then you'll transfer to a boat. It is quite hectic, but somehow I have made that trip a half dozen times now unscathed. Depending on accommodations you're looking for, you should be able to find a room with a/c and showers with no problem with your budget. I enjoy the Phi Phi Andaman Legacy and you can pre book on agoda.com or you can find accommodations when you arrive. There a boat companies on island and snorkeling too. For snorkeling, you may want to look at a diving company (Try Hippo Divers) because you will go to the same places as snorkellers, but not be overcrowded with people. Although, I highly recommend trying SCUBA.

• Anita E.

Anita E.

We are very nervous about it..is that Don Muang airport near the main airport we fly into..we are staying a few days in Bangkok and then will fly to Krabi.. Can we book the day before .. Also worried about the weather on the Phi phi side in July ..I heard maybe to stay and see the islands on the gulf of Thailand side ..but the Phi phi islands look so beautiful and the water ..any thoughts 😊 · (0 likelikes)

• Cameron S.

Cameron S.

Suvarnabhumi is the International airport on the other side of town from Don Muang, but Don Muang is closer to downtown. I haven't travelled there in July, but would still give it a go. Phi Phi is absolutely beautiful... After all, Leonardo DiCaprio filmed The Beach there. You can buy flights the day before, but will get better deals further in advance. Have fun! · (0 likelikes)

1. Krabi (city)
    2. Phi Phi Andaman Legacy (hotel)
    3. Hippo Divers (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Cameron a Thank You Note