• Anton Jurovicki
  • "Best places to visit in South of Thailand"

Anton Jurovicki

Budva, Montenegro

Best places to visit in South of Thailand

Hey everybody,

Looking for some tips from experienced travelers.

In beginning of November I' travelling with my girlfriend to Thailand. We will stay there 21 days.

We will stay 3-4 days in Central region (Bangkok and all interesting places around to see) and 4-5 days in the North (Chiang Mai, Tribal Villages and other interesting places)

After that we are going to South of Thailand. As you may know it is very touristic area and we are looking for some "secret gems" of Thailand, good and adventurous places to visit.

Any tips?

Also, please feel free to write any comments for any other interesting things (good activity, great accommodation, beach, what to avoid or anything that can be useful :) you saw or experienced in Thailand in any part of the country.

Looking forward hearing some feedback.

• Jenna Davis

Hi there Anton!

I spent 4 months living in Thailand and always have some sneaky tips when travelling around the area.

First, what I will say is that depending on what kind of person you are, The Full Moon Party in my opinion is heavily overrated - and this is coming from a 23 year old girl who loves to have fun! I wrote a little something about it: http://giveforgranted.com/2014/03/the-full-experience-full-moon-party/
    ThailandSecondly, a great gem in the South of Thailand is Koh Lanta, I went there with my boyfriend for a week and they really did have the most romantic sunsets I have ever seen!

Also, I lived very close to Bangkok so if you're flying in there I have tons of secrets around the area: http://giveforgranted.com/2014/03/top-10-secret-must-dos-in-bangkok-and-surrounding-areas/

Best, Jenna

• Anton J.

Anton J.

Hey Jenna, Thank you for you reply. Great tips, I went little more over your blog and saw some interesting things. Go for your bucket list! :) I admire what you accomplished so far! Regarding The Full Moon Party, We will probably skip it. We are planning to visit Rai Leh, Ko Phi Phi, PHANG NGA BAY, Patong (read nightlife is good) What else would you add? Did you go on the South as well? · (1 likelikes)

• Jenna D.

Jenna D.

Rai Leh was beautiful! Koh Phi Phi was also beautiful but the snorkeling was so disappointing as all the coral reefs have been damaged from mass tourism :( .. there are other hidden spots (the best one of which I have forgotten - of course, right? lol) I know you're probably not going here because it's West of Bangkok but if you are ever planning a trip around the area - or for anyone else reading this... my all time FAVORITE destination in Thailand is definitely Erawan National Park .. just Google it.. you will die :D · (0 likelikes)

1. Thailand (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jenna a Thank You Note