• Katie Simons
  • "What's the best neighborhood in Sydney for a first time visitor?"

Katie Simons

Los Angeles, California

What's the best neighborhood in Sydney for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Australia and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central in Sydney and gives me good sense of what Australia is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

• Sydney Opera House (attraction)

2 Macquarie St. Quay NSW 2000 (02) 9250 7777

• Surry Hills (attraction)

Surry Hills NSW 2010

• Sydney Harbour (attraction)

110 George St Sydney NSW 2000 612 9240 8500

• Jared Huntley

Newtown is a fun neighbourhood if you enjoy nightlife - and it's now the choice for Sydney-siders after lock-outs in other areas of the city. It's eclectic, hipster-isn and fun. There is plenty of great places to eat, pubs and bars.

1. Newtown (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jared a Thank You Note