• Ashley Lim
  • "Must-go-to markets in Sydney & tour groups for Blue Mountains"

Ashley Lim

Singapore, Singapore

Must-go-to markets in Sydney & tour groups for Blue Mountains

Hi everyone, 

I'm planning a trip down to Sydney late June! Would appreciate some help with planning my itinerary.

I'm looking to go to a market. I know there's quite a few around like Bondi and Chinatown. Can someone recommend me which is a must go?

Also, I'm looking to go up to the Blue Mountains. Any tour groups tried and tested?

Thanks in advanced!

Ashley 

• Klaudia Choluj Liubinskas

Markets are always a wonderful way of getting a sense of the city your visiting. I am not sure what kind of markets you are after . Food ? Fashion? Gifts?

If food is your inspiration my favourites are Eveleigh Market where a few well know faces are always spotted both serving or buying. It has a great inner city vibe . Grab some dumpling from kylie kwong or a proper Sydney sausage and egg roll. Grab a seat on a little crate in the sunshine and people watch. My other must go to market is the Sydney Fish Market. Go early to grab the best catch or just visit at lunch where you can feast on brilliant sashimi, freshly shucked oysters and sweet juicy prawns . Other good ones for produce Marrickville Organic Food and Farmers Market or the more touristy market but probably better suited for a hotel stayer The Rocks Marketon Friday . This is also a good market on Saturday and Sundays when it transforms to cater for gifts and souvenirs . A much cheaper place to stalk up on koalas and boomerangs for the family are Paddy's Markets in the middle of china town. Grab yum cha at Marigold Restaurant no later then 1 pm or if you want to bask in the sun after your shopping frenzy head towards King Street Wharf . Slightly touristy prices in some spots so be careful. If fashion is your driver my top pick is Paddington Markets great fashion from up and comers inc jewelry. Glebe Markets are also popular and slightly hippy eclectic with a smell of incense usually following you around. There is so many more but I guess this is plenty . If you can head to the other side if the bridge Kirribilli Market is wonderful with a great view of the harbor bridge in the background as you shop away.

1. Eveleigh Market (attraction)
    2. Sydney Fish Market (attraction)
    3. Marrickville Organic Food and Farmers Market (attraction)
    4. The Rocks Market (attraction)
    5. Paddy's Markets (attraction)
    6. Marigold Restaurant (restaurant)
    7. King Street Wharf (attraction)
    8. Paddington Markets (attraction)
    9. Glebe Markets (attraction)
    10. Kirribilli Market (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Klaudia a Thank You Note