• Kristine Rivera
  • "How many days do I need to visit Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef?"

Kristine Rivera

Woodbridge, Virginia

How many days do I need to visit Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef?

Couple in mid 20's who has never been to Australia before. Planning to visit mid-June.  Do not have a huge budget but also wouldn't mind spending more for a great experience.  We are looking to scuba dive in the GBR but other than that not too sure what to do/see in Sydney/GBR and how many days we need for visiting both?

• Cairns (city)

Cairns Queensland

• Sydney (city)

Sydney New South Wales

• Port Douglas (attraction)

Anywhere! Port Douglas QLD 4877

• Annette Jones

How long is a piece of string? :) Seriously tho you could spend weeks in Sydney as there is so much to see, I'd allow 2 weeks at least.

The GBR stretches from just outside of Brisbane all the way up the Queensland coast 2000kms! You will travel via a big catamaran at least 1 hour off the coast to reach it, sometimes 2 hours depending on location. We dove the southern most tip of the reef just outside of Brisbane - Flinders Reef, great diving, high vis and only fairly shallow at 15m. That's the only place we've dived here in OZ as we head overseas for warmer weather and warmer waters.

How long do you have here?

• Justin S.

Justin S.

I'd tell them to visit Brisbane, too. I loved that city! So underrated and overlooked by most travelers. I was there during the Brisbane Festival ... · (0 likelikes)

• Kristine R.

Kristine R.

Thanks for the suggestions! We will most likely only have a week in Australia so we'll definitely have to prioritize our time with so much to do and see! · (0 likelikes)

1. Brisbane (city)
    2. Queensland (city)
    3. Flinders Reef (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Annette a Thank You Note