Kobus Toit

Geneva, Switzerland

Road Trip Suggestions

Trippy friends, my girlfriend and I are heading to a wedding in Linkoping but we will be flying to Gothenburg and renting a car to drive up. We will drive past the Vattern lake. Do any of you have some suggestions for the most scenic routes, some great spots to grab some local food, the best viewing point, or anything notable in your humble opinion? Thank you again!

• Granna (city)

Granna

• Gothenburg (city)

Gothenburg

• Liseberg (attraction)

Örgrytevägen 5 Göteborg Västra Götalands län 412 51 +46 31 40 01 00

• Mattias Wahlberg

When driving from Gothenburg towards Stockholm, Linkoping is on the way, I usually recommend visitors to choose the scenic route close to water of Vättern. It's marked with brown signs with a flower- like symbol on them. Going that path don't miss the picturesque town Granna and if you have the time, take the ferry to the island Visingso in the middle of Vattern. Going north from Granna there is hill with steep cliffs into the lake called Omberg. Ombergimage from sveaskog.se

Just north of Omberg is a small town called Borghamn which has a nice restaurant. Finally I would recommend a visit to the monastery of Vadstena.

Have a nice trip.

Thanks so much for sharing this, Mattias! As you can see, we've helped you embed your image :) Good stuff here! · (1 likelikes)

• Kobus T.

Kobus T.

Thank you Mattias, these are some great suggestions. · (1 likelikes)

• Mattias W.

Mattias W.

Thanks Debbie. · (0 likelikes)

1. Gothenburg (city)
    2. Stockholm (city)
    3. Linkoping (city)
    4. Vättern (attraction)
    5. Granna (city)
    6. Visingso (city)
    7. Omberg (city)
    8. Borghamn (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Mattias a Thank You Note