• Fernanda Secco
  • "What would be the perfect local Stockholm experience?"

Fernanda Secco

Sao Paulo, Brazil

What would be the perfect local Stockholm experience?

I'm coming to Sverige in October and I'm super excited. 

I love traveling but seeing the city as a local. I don't mind if I miss on big touristy things (is not my taste). 

So, what do YOU as a Swede recommend me to do in my 4-day stay in your beautiful city? 

PS: Jag prata lite svenska! :) 

• Gamla Stan (neighborhood)

Stockholm Stockholm County

• Vasa Museum (attraction)

The Vasa Museum Stockholm Stockholm 11521 46851954800

• Odenplan T-bana (attraction)

• Edward Summanen

Hi there and welcome to Stockholm!

If you want to experience the city as a local, I recommend that you stay away from the parts of Stockholm that are mostly crowded with tourists, such as Vasa Museum, Drottninggatan and Gamla Stan (the old town - but it's really pretty though!).

Instead you should visit the parts around Medborgarplatsen, Nytorget, Hornstull and Mariatorget. Around these areas you'll find cafés, restaurants, bars, shops, parks, a walk by the water (Hornstull) and much more that will give you a more local experience. No trays, coffee cups or postcards with elks or the royal family. ;) If you wish a less hipster-esque but still local experience, try Fridhemsplan or Odenplan.

If you wish to try traditional Swedish cuisine, you should go to Tradition. It's a restaurant that serves food that the majority of Swedes had for dinner in the 1970s and 1980s. Apparently it's been a great success since they now have three venues in Stockholm: Tradition (Tulegatan 10), Tradition Tjärhovsgatan AB (wrong location on the map: the adress is Tjärhovsgatan 5, 116 21 Stockholm) Tradition Österlånggatan AB (also wrong location on the map, the adress is Österlånggatan 1, 111 31 Stockholm).

Other things I would recommend is chokladfabriken (chocolate factory/shop/café), visiting almost any of the museums (depending on your interests but I personally like Fotografiska (photography and a highly overpriced restaurant), Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (natural history) and Moderna museet(modern and contemporary art)). Another great place is Vintervikens Trädgård which is garden and café by the water, surrounded by autumn colors, open on Saturdays and Sundays in October.

Have a great time in Stockholm!

Tradition Tjärhovsgatan AB

Amazing advice, Edward! I can't wait to visit Stockholm myself :) · (1 likelikes)

1. Vasa Museum (attraction)
    2. Drottninggatan (unknown)
    3. Gamla Stan (neighborhood)
    4. Medborgarplatsen (attraction)
    5. Nytorget (attraction)
    6. Hornstull (attraction)
    7. Mariatorget (unknown)
    8. Fridhemsplan (unknown)
    9. Odenplan T-bana (attraction)
    10. Tradition (restaurant)
    11. Tradition Tjärhovsgatan AB (restaurant)
    12. Tradition Österlånggatan AB (attraction)
    13. chokladfabriken (restaurant)
    14. Fotografiska (restaurant)
    15. Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (attraction)
    16. Moderna museet (attraction)
    17. Vintervikens Trädgård (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Edward a Thank You Note