• Aditya Bhadoria
  • "Internal Transportation in Spain and Italy"

Aditya Bhadoria

Mumbai, India

Internal Transportation in Spain and Italy

Hello wonderful people out there,

Me and one of my friend are planning to go Spain and Italy in August for 2-3 weeks. We are on a typical backpacking budget but, we are open to little bit compromises here and there since, we are short on time also. We have two particular questions about the local transport system in Europe:

• How should we move between cities either in Spain or Italy- whether trains or buses ? and, which is cheaper and easier in terms of last minute seat availability ? Any pass system or any other tip?
  • From Spain to Italy, how should we go, by fast trains or flights ? When's the best time to book tickets for either of them? Now or sometime in future ?

• Polly Beam

Like Desirae, I'd recommend Italy's train system, especially if you're only going to be traveling between major cities. It's been a while, but last time I was there in the summer, we had no problems buying tickets at the last minute.

As for getting from one country to the other, prices for trains and flights are comparable, but if you're paying for a faster train, it will probably be more expensive than flying. I'd at least be looking at airfare now, and book within the next few weeks. I feel like it tends to go up as you get within a couple of months of your travel dates.

• Aditya B.

Aditya B.

Thanks polly for your insights ! Will definitely start making accounts on airfare websites Kayak.com or skyscanner.com :) I think they both will do okay ! · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Polly a Thank You Note