• Liz Walton-Antener
  • "Best route and time of year for Camino de Santiago"

Liz Walton-Antener

Austin, Texas

Best route and time of year for Camino de Santiago

What is the best time of year to do the Camino de Santiago?  What are the best resources for planning the trip?  And the best route if we only have a week for the walk?  Thank you!

• claus andersen

I walked the camino last year in june from Porto to Santiago de Compostela .

The trip took me 11 days and the weather was perfect.

That walk would be a little too long for a week, but if you start in Vigo then you could have a nice time doing it.

From Vigo you can hit the camino at the town O Porriño which is just outside Vigo.

Doing the walk in june you should have nice weather and you will be there before the hordes arrive in june and july.

The portuguese camino is also a lot less crowded than the french camino and I really enjoyed my walk there.

• Liz W.

Liz W.

Thank you so much! That is a great idea to approach from Porto! · (0 likelikes)

1. Porto (city)
    2. Santiago de Compostela (city)
    3. Vigo (city)
    4. O Porriño (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send claus a Thank You Note