• Christine and Jules  - Dont Forget To Move
  • "Number 1 Must Do Thing in Southeast Asia"

Number 1 Must Do Thing in Southeast Asia

Hey guys! Don't Forget To Move​ here! We're heading to Southeast Asia early next year and we are stoked! We're curious- what is your number one suggestion for that region? Could be an activity, awesome tour, delicious meal, gorgeous beach- whatever! We're pretty much down for everything as long as its not super pricey. Can't wait to hear your suggestions! Photos welcome as well!

• Katharina Boden

Oh wow, that is a huge question :) I have been living in Hong Kong for almost 1.5 years and seen most SEA countries, so I hope that I can give you a bit of advise.

I love the Philippines. Getting there is easy and affordable and food and hotels can be quite cheap as well. I can highly recommend Boracay Island which is a little island with beautiful beaches. It is great for diving and kite surfing.Boracay IslandI have never been but only heard awesome things about El Nido which is even more off the beaten path and a very romantic getaway but it might take some more time to get there.

El Nido

If you want to go 50 years back in time, visit Myanmar. My favorite place is Inle Lake as it is still very authentic and local and very relaxing.

Inle LakeYou can watch the perfect sunset/sunrise in Old Bagan

Old Bagan

The North of Vietnam is beautiful as well. Combine visiting Hanoi with a trip to the Halong Bay Vietnam. Hanoi is a fascinating blend of an exotic old Asia, a dynamic new Asia and some French flair.

Hanoi

To escape the hustle and bustle of the city, do a 3 day tour on the Halong Bay.

Halong Bay Vietnam

Honestly, I could go on and on as SEA has so much to offer but these are my top 3 highlights. If you are into big cities, you definitely shouldn't miss Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong.

• Christine and Jules  - D.

Christine and Jules - D.

Wow! Thank you so much Katharina! That was an incredible wealth of information! All of your recommendations look amazing! Those photos of the Philippines look incredible. We'll definitely check out Boracay Island (especially for diving!) and El Nido. Mayanmar sounds incredible as does Vietnam. We'll definitely be keeping all of these on our list when we start putting together an itinerary. Thanks again for your time! · (0 likelikes)

1. Philippines (country)
    2. Boracay Island (island)
    3. El Nido (city)
    4. Myanmar (country)
    5. Inle Lake (attraction)
    6. Old Bagan (city)
    7. Vietnam (country)
    8. Hanoi (city)
    9. Halong Bay Vietnam (attraction)
    10. Singapore (country)
    12. Hong Kong (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Katharina a Thank You Note