• Cindy Gi
  • "What are the must-see places in South Africa ?"

Cindy Gi

Paris, France

What are the must-see places in South Africa ?

Can you give me some tips of where to go/stay If I ever road trip to South Africa for 3 weeks ? Cost of living, season of trip...

• Kavitha Subramaniam

Hi Cindy! South Africa. How exciting :)

Do check out Cape Town. There's plenty to see - Table Mountain, Robben Island, Camps Bay, V&A Waterfront and many more. Driving around is very easy and the locals are very helpful if you need directions.Cape Townimage from cunard.comYou should also try out a few days' drive down the Garden Route from Cape Town. There are loads of places to stay along the way, so it will be a pretty easy-going drive. I wish I had the chance to do it, but I got a glimpse of the route from my bus and I wish I had more time!

Factor in some time for a visit to a wildlife park like Kruger National Park or Pilanesberg National Park.

I went during the winter months around June and July, which was good for visits to the wildlife parks. It was chilly and got much colder during the nights though. I have also read that August and September are good for beautiful flowers and pretty landscapes. It really depends on what you expect to do, as I think anytime is a good time to visit South Africa!

There are plenty of good homes or backpacker hostels that you can stay in for a more personable experience. I was lucky enough to stay in some wonderful homes and I had the best time ever.

I would not be able to give you an accurate amount of money to allocate as I was there during the World Cup in 2010. Of course at the time, everything cost more than it should have. And once again, it depends on what you would like to do and experience.

I hope this helps somewhat. And I wish you the best time in South Africa. It truly is a magnificent country.

1. Cape Town (city)
    2. Table Mountain (attraction)
    3. Robben Island (island)
    4. Camps Bay (attraction)
    5. V&A Waterfront (attraction)
    6. Kruger National Park (amusement park)
    7. Pilanesberg National Park (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Kavitha a Thank You Note