• Jillian Geer
  • "What are the 5 things I can't miss in Singapore?"

Jillian Geer

Los Angeles, California

What are the 5 things I can't miss in Singapore?

First time ever in Asia, and I'm landing in Singapore! I'm visiting and staying with a friend for two days who lives in the Central Business District, close to Chinatown.

First things first-- I love food. What are the absolute best places to eat authentic Singaporean cuisine? Would like places that range from cheap eats to splurge style. Willing to be adventurous and try anything-- bring it on. 

Secondly, my friend will be working during the days, so I'll be exploring solo. Prefer unique experiences over tourist traps. What would I regret not seeing or experiencing while I'm there?

• Michael Kwok

The two food places I think about with bliss when talking about Singapore is Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, where you should get....the Hainanese Chicken rice :)

Next is Tian Jin Hai Seafood, which used to be a little stall in a food court, but they are now a full fledged restaurant. They are very well known for their steamed shark head, which is all sorts of wonderful if you can get passed the weirdness of it. While Singapore is known for the chili crab, Tian Jin Hai has an amazing black pepper crab that I would highly recommend.

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Shark head! Ek! Well, I did say I'm adventurous... :) Thanks Michael, I'm really thankful you shared your tips with me! Can't wait. · (0 likelikes)

1. Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice (restaurant)
    2. Tian Jin Hai Seafood (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Michael a Thank You Note