• m d
  • "Best time to travel to Singapore? "

m d

London, United Kingdom

Best time to travel to Singapore?

When is the best time to travel to Singapore and if so, what could you recommend as activities for 3 days trip? 

I'm an active traveller and will go with friends, who also are not the crowd that will lie at the hotel swimming pool. Anything exciting and unusual to do as ideas are welcome - sightseeing with a balanced cultural program.

Which are the food places that we shouldn't miss out?

Which are the drinks that you'd recommend to try out?

Which bar would you recommend to close the trip with?

• Alex Jorge

Wow! What a very complete question :)

Right, first off, Singapore is nice and warm all year long. However, you do get full on monsoons in the summer months so, unless you are keen on heavy humidity and and daily afternoon downpours, I would discount June-August (even May-September).

Gardens by the Bay

Singapore has some beautiful gardens and a surprising number of nature reserves. In the city proper, the Gardens by the Bay are must. You can wander through the gardens for free or pay a small fee to climb up to the domes.

Further afield, the largest protected wilderness is the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve which has some beautiful pristine trails through the rainforest. I also really like the MacRitchie Nature Trail with its REALLY long suspension bridge, incredible wildlife and great outdoor activities (kayaking anyone?).

Sentosa Island is also great for water sports and adrenaline junkies and I have heard of, but never tried, the Ski360 cable ski park which sounds like great fun.
    Sentosa Islandimage from economatters.wordpress.com

Hmmmm, food in Singapore? Well this could be a LONG list. I would def recommend trying out a traditional hawkers market, my favourite is in Malcolm Rd, to have some hainanese chicken rice and Singaporean noodles. If you are a seafood lover, then No Signboard Seafood is a must for garlic and/or chilli crab... and other delicacies. And you shouldn't miss a proper (fish?) curry in Little India

Onto drinks! Cliche, but a Singapore Sling in the The Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel (where it was invented) is a classic experience. Perhaps something to save for the last night? I would also focus on fruit juices because Singaporeans do these amazingly and with a variety of tropical fruits you may have yet to try: star fruit, fresh sugar cane, watermelon, guava are just a few of my favourite. And, naturally, the best iced lemon tea you will ever have -- Singaporeans do these best!

Singaporeimage from cambridge1.net

Last but not least, the best rooftop bars/views in Singapore are the KU DÉ TA Singapore at the famous Marina Bay Sands, the Lantern at The Fullerton Bay Hotel, 1-Altitude (the highest rooftop bar in the city) and the considerably more laid back Loof.

Singapore is one of my top 5 destinations in the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

• m d.

m d.

Sounds so enticing that I'm tempted to do the flight booking immediately. Thank you for the detailed info - appreciated. · (1 likelikes)

1. Singapore (country)
    2. Gardens by the Bay (attraction)
    3. Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (attraction)
    4. MacRitchie Nature Trail (attraction)
    5. Sentosa Island (island)
    6. Malcolm Rd (unknown)
    7. Little India (neighborhood)
    8. The Long Bar (restaurant)
    9. KU DÉ TA Singapore (attraction)
    10. Marina Bay Sands (hotel)
    11. The Fullerton Bay Hotel (hotel)
    12. Loof (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Alex a Thank You Note