• Daniel Lobron
  • "How to meet interesting people and get an authentic insight?"

Daniel Lobron

Wiesbaden, Germany

How to meet interesting people and get an authentic insight?

I'm currently visiting Silicon Valley (I stay in Menlo Park) and San Francisco for 10 days. In Silicon Valley in particular, what's the best way to meet people and get an insight into the companies located here? Also, are there any sights that you really recommend seeing?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

• Googleplex (attraction)

1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Santa Clara County CA 94043 (650) 253-0000

• Hacker Dojo (attraction)

599 Fairchild Dr Santa Clara County CA 94043 (650) 898-7925

• Daniel Adams

Menlo Park is a nice area. If you want a chance to meet and possibly chat with some tech people, I would suggest heading to University Ave in Palo Alto in the morning to early afternoon hours. The two hot spots are Coupa Cafe (they have the best chai latte. Ask for the tiger spice) and Philz Coffee (really good coffee). You might have better luck chatting to them while waiting in line.

San Francisco would be the other spot to check out, but I am not as familiar with the techy hangouts. You can never go wrong with Philz Coffee though.

As for things to do, it really depends on what you like. If it's strange shops, then Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco. If you want something to do near the water, check out Sutro Baths and Cliff House. If you want to do some grazing, then I highly recommend the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market on Saturday morning. There are hundreds of breweries in the area too. Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery, 21st Amendment Brewery, and FreeWheel Brewing Company are some of my favorites. You are also 2 hours away from Sonoma and Napa if you want to try some good wine. And if you don't want to travel that far, Livermore and Santa Cruz Mountains have some great vineyards too. If you have a car, I would recommend the drive along highway 1 from San Francisco down to Santa Cruz. Some amazing views, and quiet beaches all the way down.

really though, there is a lot to do. Just let me know if you are looking for anything specific and I will try to help you out.

• Amy M.

Amy M.

Ah, Philz Coffee! The mint mojito is the best. Can you tell I miss the Valley? ;) · (0 likelikes)

1. Palo Alto (city)
    2. Coupa Cafe (restaurant)
    3. Philz Coffee (restaurant)
    4. San Francisco (city)
    5. Haight-Ashbury (neighborhood)
    6. Sutro Baths (attraction)
    7. Cliff House (attraction)
    8. Ferry Plaza Farmers Market (attraction)
    9. Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery (restaurant)
    10. 21st Amendment Brewery (restaurant)
    11. FreeWheel Brewing Company (restaurant)
    12. Sonoma (city)
    13. Napa (city)
    14. Livermore (city)
    15. Santa Cruz Mountains (attraction)
    16. Santa Cruz (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Daniel a Thank You Note