Courtney Robinson

Los Angeles, California

Shopping in Shanghai?

I’m visiting a friend in Shanghai at some point before the end of the year and I’d love to know some great places to shop. I prefer little boutiques to large stores but I’m interested in everything. I especially love re-sale or thrift shops if there happen to be any—don’t know if that exists there. Not interested in anything that exists everywhere else (Chanel, H & M, etc.) unless there's some reason to see it. 

• Sarah Soulie

Try tianzifang and the French Concession. Roads including: Changle Rd, Fumin Rd, JuLu, Rd etc. have smaller shops and cafes/restaurants, so are nice to walk around.

Avoid areas like Nanjing Road (both West & East of this very long road are very commercial) or Pudong.

Hope that helps!Tianzifang

• Courtney R.

Courtney R.

This is so great, Sarah--thanks so much! · (0 likelikes)

• Xiang M.

Xiang M.

helpful link: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shanghai/tianzifang.htm · (0 likelikes)

1. Tianzifang (attraction)
    2. French Concession (attraction)
    3. Nanjing Road (attraction)
    4. Pudong (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Sarah a Thank You Note