• Kathryn P
  • "Seattle for Memorial Day Weekend - Recommendations"

Kathryn P

Dallas, Texas

Seattle for Memorial Day Weekend - Recommendations

Headed to Seattle for Memorial Day weekend. Staying in Portland on Friday night and part of Saturday and then headed to Seattle on Sat and Sunday. Would love some recommendations while in town. 

- Where to stay that isn't overpriced (we will have a car)

- Staple Seattle restaurants

- Things to see/do

- Good places to drink

- Places to stop and visit between Portland and Seattle

We are in our late twenties with no kids

• Elizabeth Bueler

Hey Kathryn,

My husband and I have only been to Seattle once, but I can share what our favorite things were. We are also in our 20's with no kids.

1. Places to stay: we stayed downtown because part of it was covered by my husbands work, but after that we stayed in the University District/Fremont Neighborhood. Fremont is a very cool neighborhood just north of Seattle. Good thai food.

2. Favorite restaurants: our all time favorite place we ate was called Homegrown. There are a few different locations but it's a local organic sandwhich/salad place. We went back 3 times.

3. Pike Place Market: I'm sure you've heard of it, this place is great to walk around. A lot of great food and produce. Don't miss out on the mini doughnut stand next to the fish toss. We went every day.

4. Bainbridge Island Ferry: We took a ferry ride from downtown to Bainbridge Island and had some great fish and chips. I can't remember what the place was called, but I'm sure it would pop up on Yelp. You can also rent bikes.

Those were our highlights!

I've never been to Portland so I can't help much there.

Have fun,

Beth

• Kathryn P.

Kathryn P.

Thanks Beth. We ended up booking a room downtown with some hotel points! As for the Bainbridge Island Ferry, I will definitely look into that! Thanks again! · (0 likelikes)

1. University District (attraction)
    2. Fremont Neighborhood (neighborhood)
    3. Pike Place Market (attraction)
    4. Bainbridge Island Ferry (attraction)
    5. Bainbridge Island (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Elizabeth a Thank You Note