• Sunil Gupta
  • "Restaurant/lounges that aren't too loud"

Sunil Gupta

Mountain View, California

Restaurant/lounges that aren't too loud

Having some casual work-related meet ups in Seattle and I'd like to take these folks somewhere hip and decent, but not awkwardly frou frou (we're a bunch of tech guys who also happen to be considered "foodies").  Any suggestions for places with drinks and small dishes or food that can be shared family-style that's not too loud would be great.

• La Bête (restaurant)

1802 Bellevue Avenue Seattle WA 98122-2019 (206) 329-4047

• The Walrus and the Carpenter (restaurant)

4743 Ballard Avenue Northwest Seattle WA 98107 (206) 395-9227

• How To Cook A Wolf (restaurant)

2208 Queen Anne Avenue North Seattle WA 98109-2312 (206) 838-8090

• Andrew Zimmern

Check out these places:

• Steelhead Diner: This eatery in Pike Place Market should be on every food enthusiast's radar. Don’t miss chef/owner Kevin Davis’s amazing Caviar Pie.
    • Joule: They call it Korean/French fusion; I just call it good food. Don’t miss the cornbread with preserved garlic and smoked Gouda cheese.
    • The Harvest Vine: An authentic tapas restaurant with tons of choices and a great wine list to boot.
    • Branzino: A small place with big flavors, they even make their own cheese in-house. The pizza of the day and the gnocchi are always good picks.
    • Crush: Melt in your mouth dishes and creative combinations like flan with salmon roe got this Seattle restaurant a 2009 James Beard nomination.
    • Dahlia Lounge: When it comes to Seattle’s food scene, it’s all about Tom Douglas. Food and Wine named Dahlia Lounge the "Quintessential Seattle" restaurant in 1999...well over a decade later, that still rings true.
    • Maneki Japanese Restaurant: Traditional Japanese cuisine. This is the real deal.
    • Tilth Restaurant: An “organic, sustainable” restaurant that makes food that tastes as good as it is for the planet. Tree huggers & food lovers rejoice!
    • The Walrus and the Carpenter: This is the place to go for oysters.
    • Canlis Restaurant is a family owned restaurant that opened in 1950. The talent for creating outstanding food must be a family trait.

1. Steelhead Diner (neighborhood)
    2. Joule (restaurant)
    3. The Harvest Vine (restaurant)
    4. Branzino (restaurant)
    5. Crush (restaurant)
    6. Dahlia Lounge (restaurant)
    7. Maneki Japanese Restaurant (restaurant)
    8. Tilth Restaurant (restaurant)
    9. The Walrus and the Carpenter (restaurant)
    10. Canlis Restaurant (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Andrew a Thank You Note