• Adam Li
  • "Is a 5 hour layover at SEA enough time to go out and do something in Seattle?"

Adam Li

Boston, Massachusetts

Is a 5 hour layover at SEA enough time to go out and do something in Seattle?

I have a five hour layover at SEA, and I've never actually been to Seattle proper so I was curious if that was enough time to get out to the city for a late lunch.  I figured I really only have four hours if I do this because I'll need to check back in, so is four hours enough to get to and from the airport and Seattle, and get something to eat and do a little sightseeing?

• Miranda Rensch

I agree with Debbie, you will have to hurry a bit, but its do-able! Taking the light rail including walking time will take about 45 minutes each way, so you'll have 2.5 hours of restaurant time and sightseeing.

Restaurants tend to be pretty efficient downtown so you'll probably be able to be in and out in an hour and a half. My favorite restaurants near Pike Place Market are:

In your remaining hour of sightseeing you could:

Seattle is great! Definately worth the treck into town to check out a few things. Have fun!

• Adam L.

Adam L.

This all sounds fantastic. I hadn't even thought about going to a sit-down restaurant, but these places sound great. Thank you for your suggestions. Much appreciated! · (1 likelikes)

Miranda, you're making me want to go back to Seattle just to eat! Great suggestions! · (1 likelikes)

1. Pink Door (restaurant)
    2. Maximilien Restaurant (restaurant)
    3. Matt's in The Market (restaurant)
    4. Edgewater Hotel (hotel)
    5. Elliott's Oyster House (restaurant)
    6. Ivar's Acres of Clams (restaurant)
    7. Seattle Gum Wall (attraction)
    8. Pike Place Market (attraction)
    9. Original Starbucks (restaurant)
    10. Seattle Waterfront (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Miranda a Thank You Note