• Jacki Carr
  • "Adventures in Sayulita Mexico?"

Jacki Carr

Venice, California

Adventures in Sayulita Mexico?

Hello!

I am heading to Sayulita, Mexico in 2 weeks.  Any favorite outdoor activities or unique adventures I should know about?

I am very active and healthy!

• JR Johnson

Hey Jacki. Sounds like a great trip! I love it down there (we actually got married down in Punta Mita and had our rehearsal dinner at Don Pedro's ). As far as restaurants go, i also really enjoy Sayulita Cafe (which locals refer to as Chile Rellanos).

For outdoor activities, there is great surf right in front and plenty of board to rent right off the beach. Even if you don't know how to surf, take a lesson and get out there!

Also, if you want to head south a bit and check out Punta Mita, you can rent some boards and go out with Mictlan Surf . A few years ago, they took us out in pangas twice for surfing at La Lancha which is one of the better breaks down there. We loaded up the whole family mom/dads/grandpa and they chilled on the beach while we surfed. A really fun couple days. But I will say that their "instructors" who helped out a few people in our group, didn't really get the job done. I think they wanted to surf more than they wanted to teach. Here's my video of it. Excuse the foggy gopro footage... it was really humid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fp2MJzPwpE

Have fun!!!

1. Don Pedro's (restaurant)
    2. Sayulita Cafe (restaurant)
    3. Mictlan Surf (attraction)
    4. La Lancha (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note