• Debbie Lee
  • "Where to stay outside of San Luis Obispo for Cal Poly graduation"

Debbie Lee

San Francisco, California

Where to stay outside of San Luis Obispo for Cal Poly graduation

It's official -- there are no hotel rooms left in San Luis Obispo for the weekend of the Cal Poly graduation, not even your run of the mill motel.  Do you have any suggestions for what other surrounding cities would be nice to stay in that's not too far from campus?  I would actually love to stay on the beach!  And if you could suggest actual hotels to stay in, that would be even more awesome.

It'll just be my beau and I, and we'd prefer a bed and breakfast or a boutique hotel over a large chain hotel, but we're open to all suggestions because we can't be too picky now :P  Thanks in advance!

• JR Johnson

Congrats to your brother! You should look at Avila Beach. It' not too far from San Luis Obispo (about 20 mins i think). We spent a weekend up there for a wedding and rented a townhome off of VRBO. It was great. We stayed in this same condo complex http://www.vrbo.com/139155 but in a differnt unit (with worse views actually). There are a lot of 1 bedroom places too, but you should get your parents and everyone staying in one place! Family fun time! I'm sure you can find AirBnb and just stay in town because everything is SO close and walkable. There are a lot of wine tasting rooms and a few restaurants as well. The largest one in town is the Custom House Restaurant Avila Beach. If you're there on a Friday night in summer, make sure you make some time to see the farmers market along Front Street. It's a night time farmers market with tons of grub and live music. We unknowingly caught it, and it was awesome.

Thanks! Very proud of him :) My parents are doing a day trip, but otherwise, a two bedroom place would've been fun! All that sounds really enticing, so I'll give searching for a spot in Avila Beach a whirl! · (0 likelikes)

• Hannah G.

Hannah G.

+1 on Avila Beach! It's where my mom and I stayed when we went to visit my grandma! · (0 likelikes)

1. Avila Beach (city)
    2. San Luis Obispo (city)
    3. Custom House Restaurant Avila Beach (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note