• lindsay johnston
  • "Fun things to do on week long vacation with boyfriend in September"

lindsay johnston

Chicago, Illinois

Fun things to do on week long vacation with boyfriend in September

Hey there, I am looking for some suggestions on day tours, places to visit, restaurants to eat at or pretty much anything that would be fun for a couple to do in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We will be there for 5 nights and are staying in the city.

• A Friend

There is tons of stuff to do in Viejo San Juan, I highly recommend taking a morning to afternoon to explore, shop and eat. My favorite restaurant in old San Juan is El Jibarito great food. At night there are some clubs, but if you've been to one you've been to them all. There is also a ferry that will take you to the Bacardi Factory there is a free tour that gives you free drinks. Awesome tour I go every year. If you take the ferry you will also need a taxi to get you to the factory, not walking distance for the faint of heart, but doable. Oh in old san juan there'sThe Butterfly People art gallery that makes art solely out of butterflies. A must see.

You have to rent a car. That's the only way to do Puerto Rico right. There is Luquillo Mar (That might not be the right link), I'm trying to get you to Luquillo Beach. It's a very calm quiet beach with food vendors, lose yourself there for a day.

Another day you need to go to El Yunque National Forest It's the only rainforest in the US. When you climb the mountain to get to the rainforest park at the first stop at the bottom and climb up. It'll be infinitely easier to climb down at the end of the adventure. There are waterfalls and pools for swimming so pack a bathing suit. Bring food too, I don't remember vendors.

I would say that you need to visit Plaza Las Américas for the sake that it is the largest mall I've ever experienced. It's terrifyingly huge, and you'll definitely find things that you wouldn't find in an american mall, plus the normal stuff. There is a restaurant on the top floor called Tierra del Fuego (not sure if thats the same link) Funny enough, it's my uncle's argentinian steak house. Awesome awesome food. The Chimichurri is incredible.

If you get to choose a place to stay I would recommend Santurce There are a few hotels right on the beach that are awesome and you are in walking distance to shopping and food. It's a good base of operations.

And I think that's all I have of must do items.

1. El Jibarito (restaurant)
    2. Bacardi Distillery Entry (attraction)
    3. The Butterfly People (attraction)
    4. Luquillo Mar (neighborhood)
    5. El Yunque National Forest (attraction)
    6. Plaza Las Américas (attraction)
    7. Tierra del Fuego (restaurant)
    8. Santurce (unknown)

• ·
    • ·

Send A a Thank You Note