• Teresa Vincent
  • "What would you do if you only had 1 or 2 days in this amazing city and you've already been to Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf?"

Teresa Vincent

San Antonio, Texas

What would you do if you only had 1 or 2 days in this amazing city and you've already been to Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf?

Date weekend with Hubby, using only public transportation, prefer FREE or very inexpensive attractions, nature, gardens and architecture, BEST photography spots.

• Golden Gate Park (attraction)

John F Kennedy Dr & Transverse Dr San Francisco CA 94121 (415) 831-2700

• Ferry Building (attraction)

1 The Embarcadero San Francisco CA 94105 (415) 983-8030

• Blue Bottle Coffee (restaurant)

1 Ferry Building San Francisco CA 94111-4209 (510) 653-3394

• Tiffany Weber

Ok for FREE places with great views go to:

1. Coit Tower. There is a small fee to go up inside the tower itself, but you don't need to go to the top. The views from teh bottom are amazing too.

2. Twin Peaks . Here's another great viewpoint. It can be foggy here, but sometimes that's pretty too.

3. Golden Gate Heights Mosaic Stairway at 16th and Moraga. The stairs themselves are beautiful, but you can also walk up them and then to the right you'll see another staircase that takes you to the top of the hill for more amazing views.

4. Marin Headlands . There's a long stretch of road with places to stop and take pictures and trails to hike. It hugs the hills across the Golden Gate Bridge, so the views of the city are phenomenal. Bring your zoom lens if you have one. On a clear day you can see down the coast to Pacifica.

You may also want to check out (more free stuff, less views):

6. Painted Ladies at Alamo Square . Free, colorful Victorian homes, nice walk, and actually a decent view too.

7. The Presidio . Another free park that was once a military base. Great place to bike. There are beaches here too. Check out Baker Beach nearby.

8. Golden Gate Park . Unless you're going into a museum, this park is free. You can bike, rent a paddleboat, walk, or bring a picnic and just lounge somewhere pretty. Locals love this too. It isn't just for tourists.

9. It may see odd, but the Haight is fun to walk around. It isn't nearly as strange as it once was, but is still kitchy and fun to see.

• Teresa V.

Teresa V.

You totally ROCK Tiffany! I am printing this list out as I type :-) I actually have been to the Presidio (when it was still a military installation when I lived in Fairfield, CA over 20 years ago). My Nurse Manager was married there and it was SO beautiful! THANK YOU! · (0 likelikes)

• Tiffany W.

Tiffany W.

Thank you, Teresa. Glad it helps. There's an art museum at the Presidio too that I think is free, but I don't remember. It's a gorgeous area to walk around anyway. Enjoy your date weekend!!! · (1 likelikes)

1. Coit Tower (attraction)
    2. Twin Peaks (attraction)
    3. 16th Avenue Tiled Steps Project (attraction)
    4. Marin Headlands (attraction)
    5. Painted Ladies (attraction)
    6. Alamo Square (attraction)
    7. Presidio (neighborhood)
    8. Baker Beach (attraction)
    9. Golden Gate Park (attraction)
    10. Haight-Ashbury (neighborhood)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tiffany a Thank You Note