• Kristina Kupka
  • "What to do while in town for Outside Lands?"

Kristina Kupka

Los Angeles, California

What to do while in town for Outside Lands?

I'm going to Outside Lands (the music festival) in Golden Gate Park in August and staying about a mile away. I know the city is going to be busy so what are some 'not really well know but still amazing' kind of places to go to - like bars and restaurants?  

Any recommendations for what to do at Outside Lands (other than seeing amazing live music) would be much appreciated too as its my first time going to the festival! 

Peace and love~

• Krista Gray

Hey Kristina,

This is awesome! Outside Lands is a great time to visit San Francisco as the energy is contagious, and the weather is some the best we get. With that said, I recommend hitting up the following places that locals love:

• Judahlicious for an Acai bowl or Outerlands for the best $5 grilled cheese you will ever have, both in the Sunset District. These are close the beach with a really laid back vibe. Outerlands tends to have a lengthy line, so don't go when super hungry. Promise you it's worth the wait, though!

• Lands End for some sun + a good nature fix. The Sutro Baths and Ocean Beach are gorgeous & picture perfect backgrounds in photos. I highly recommend walking the Coastal Trail (1.7 miles each way) and checking out the Eagle Point Labyrinth - it's pretty cool.

• Mission District for quirky shops and bars. I love walking around Valencia St on a sunny day. My fave stores are Love & Luxe and Paxton Gate. Overly crowded Dolores Park is worth witnessing. Trust me.

• Marina District is also a fun place to go as it's young and trendy. I live here, so I'm bit biased, but love Union St. If you like healthy food & juices, check out pressed juicery or Juice Shop. Chestnut St, also in the Marina District, is home to popular stores like Benefit Cosmetics, Apple, Gap, and Pottery Barn among other things. There's also a smattering of bars, boutiques and eateries.

• Haight-Ashbury is a fun place to go to get a sense of the lasting "hippie" vibe in San Francisco, and there are a number of awesome second-hand and thrift shops to scope out along the main drag.

• NoPa has some amazing restaurants that locals love, including The Mill (the famous $4 piece of toast), Nopalito and 4505 Burgers & BBQ. I love using Sosh Concierge or OpenTable to make reservations in advance.

• If you're into books at all, SF has some amazing bookstores that are worth browsing. My favorite is Green Apple Books in the Inner Richmond - and it's placement is a mere 3 blocks away from the famed Burma Superstar. If you go, the tea leaf salad and samosa soup are must try dishes.

I could literally go on forever and compiled more of my all time faves here - but feel free to leave me a comment if you need more specifics or ideas. Highly suggest taking advantage of Lyft (+Lyft Line) or Uber (+Uber Pool) as they're most affordable ways to get around. Both companies are likely to launch some promos during festival time, too.

Hope you love San Francisco! :)

• Kristina K.

Kristina K.

Wow-Thank you so much Krista! I will be sure to check some of these places out... Great insider tips :) Thanks again! · (1 likelikes)

1. Judahlicious (attraction)
    2. Outerlands (restaurant)
    3. Sunset District (attraction)
    4. Lands End (attraction)
    5. Sutro Baths (attraction)
    6. Ocean Beach (attraction)
    7. Coastal Trail (attraction)
    8. Eagle Point Labyrinth (attraction)
    9. Mission District (neighborhood)
    10. Valencia St (unknown)
    11. Love & Luxe (attraction)
    12. Paxton Gate (attraction)
    13. Dolores Park (attraction)
    14. Marina District (neighborhood)
    15. Union St (unknown)
    16. pressed juicery (restaurant)
    17. Juice Shop (restaurant)
    18. Chestnut St (unknown)
    19. Haight-Ashbury (neighborhood)
    20. NoPa (neighborhood)
    21. The Mill (restaurant)
    22. Nopalito (restaurant)
    23. 4505 Burgers & BBQ (restaurant)
    24. Green Apple Books (attraction)
    25. Burma Superstar (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Krista a Thank You Note