• Anna Giannarou
  • "San Fransisco: Where to Stay, What to See"

Anna Giannarou

Athens, Greece

San Fransisco: Where to Stay, What to See

I will visit SF in March for 3-4 days. Our party will be a total of 4 persons and we will have a car. Which is the best area to look for accommodation? Is it better to look for a hotel or search airBnB?

Which are the sights that we absolutely must not miss!

Thanks in advance!

• Peter Reinold

If you dont mind staying outside of the city, I can recommend you the Best Western Plus Coyote Point Inn. They offer free parking and even have underground parking on site. The hotel is very nice, clean and I like to stay there. It's quiet even that it is near the freeway or close to the airport. I didn't had any problems with noise. The also have some good rates and in a couple minutes you are in Downtown San Francisco. I checked a couple hotels in downtown itslef, but they all charge you for parking. Haven't found a descent hotel.

You also can use BART (light rail) to get in to San Francisco. There is a station at BART Millbrae

They have a small parking fee during the week and its for free on the weekend.

What you also could do, but I never have tried it. You could check if the hotel offers free shuttle service from and to the airport. If so, just take the shuttle to the airport and from there you can hop on the train. That save you, I belive, the 2 dollars for parking at Milbrae station.

Also if you drive into San Francisco, they also have free street side parking on the weekend. on most of the streets. But like the area around fishermans wharf you still have to pay on the weekend. But just park a little further away and have a nice stroll through the city. It's worth walking around, every street and alley has its own flair.

What to see:

Golden Gate Bridge

Lombard Street

16th Avenue Tiled Steps Project

since you have a car drive up to Twin Peaks. Check it out during day or night, always awesome.

Sausalito if you love arts and crafts

Alcatraz best is to reserve up front as early as possible

Treasure Island (San Francisco) great views of the city by day and night and you dont have to pay the toll if you just go to treasure island and return back to the city.

• Anna G.

Anna G.

we haven't decided yet if we're keeping the car for all the days in SF so we'll see. But we will be there during a weekend, so the free parking is a good information! Thank you! · (0 likelikes)

1. Best Western Plus Coyote Point Inn (hotel)
    2. BART Millbrae (attraction)
    3. Golden Gate Bridge (attraction)
    4. Lombard Street (attraction)
    5. 16th Avenue Tiled Steps Project (attraction)
    6. Twin Peaks (attraction)
    7. Sausalito (city)
    8. Alcatraz (attraction)
    9. Treasure Island (San Francisco) (metro area)

• ·
    • ·

Send Peter a Thank You Note