Georgia Thompson

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Hotels around Pacific Heights

Coming to San Francisco for one of my best friend's wedding and us bridesmaids will be able to stay there for her wedding, but not during the actual wedding weekend, so we're going to need to find a hotel.  

She lives in Pacific Heights and we'd like to stay close to her.  Any suggestions?  No seedy motels, but preferably decent places that are budget-friendly since we've already spent so much on the wedding! ;)

• Debbie Lee

Oh, fun! Just a FYI, Pacific Heights isn't exactly tourist-ville, so you're not going to have as many options as downtown. There actually are quite a few motor inns there that aren't seedy, but I'll point you towards the hotels proper.

I think your best bet at finding a decent hotel is to stay in Lower Pac Heights/Japantown. Bonus points that you get to walk around and explore Japantown. Here are three of the best there:

• Queen Anne Hotel -- lovely hotel that claims to be the last all wooden hotel in the city. It's like stepping back in time in here.
    • Hotel Kabuki -- this is a Joie de Vivre place, but Japanese themed!
    • Hotel Majestic -- not your typical hotel. Very cool and quirky rooms!

If you don't mind a short walk or a cab ride, I'd also suggest staying in Nob Hill, which have a larger selection of nicer hotels since it's closer to downtown, though they do cost a little more than in Pac Heights because of that. Let me know if you look into Nob Hill because I've got a few suggestions there, too!

• Georgia T.

Georgia T.

Good to know. Thank you so much for the suggestions! Looking up rates now :) · (1 likelikes)

• Mathias S.

Mathias S.

Another one in the heart of Pacific Heights is Hotel Drisco · (2 likelikes)

You're welcome, Georgia! And Mathias, great suggestion! By the way, you should post that as your own answer so that others can vote and comment on it as well! I'm the community manager around here, so just let me know if you have any questions :) · (1 likelikes)

• Georgia T.

Georgia T.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Mathias! · (0 likelikes)

1. Queen Anne Hotel (hotel)
    2. Hotel Kabuki - a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel (hotel)
    3. Hotel Majestic (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Debbie a Thank You Note