Keith Spence

Denver, Colorado

Foodies in SF

My wife and I will be in town this summer for about two weeks and we are big foodies. Where should we go and what should we eat? We LOVE seafood which we don't get much of where we live. We're open to anything else, too. Thanks!

• Debbie Lee

You're in luck; SF is like seafood city! Not surprisingly, there are a ton along the Embarcadero and Wharf. Here are three on the Embarcadero that have amazing views: La Mar, Hog Island Oyster Co., Inc, and Waterbar (the latter has happy hour every day -- dollar oysters!). To the get the true experience of having clam chowder out of a sourdough bread bowl, venture up to the wharf around Pier 39, where you'll see a lot of stands selling them.

Of course, there are many other really fantastic seafood spots in the city. Swan Oyster Depot in Nob Hill is a very famous one and they don't take reservations, so be prepared to wait in line. Anchor Oyster Bar in the Castro is just amazing and the service is fantastic. Bar Crudo in NoPa is a favorite for raw seafood. If you find yourself in Golden Gate Park, Pacific Catch is good. For a good Italian seafood restaurant, Sotto Mare is where it's at.

Also, there are TONS of Japanese restaurants in the city. I've been to many and I haven't been to a bad one yet. A few of my favorites are Sushi Zone (just ignore the name), Kiss Seafood, Koo, and Nihon Whiskey Lounge (who doesn't love sushi and whiskey?!).

• Keith S.

Keith S.

Wow, thank you, Devora! All of these sound so fantastic that I'm going to have to look them all up and check out their menus. · (0 likelikes)

1. Hog Island Oyster Co., Inc (restaurant)
    2. Waterbar (state)
    3. Pier 39 (attraction)
    4. Swan Oyster Depot (restaurant)
    5. Nob Hill (neighborhood)
    6. Sotto Mare (restaurant)
    7. Kiss Seafood (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Debbie a Thank You Note