• Rosie Christian
  • "Day trip through Oceanside, Carlsbad and Encinitas...where to eat/see/stay?"

Rosie Christian

Hampstead, Nc

Day trip through Oceanside, Carlsbad and Encinitas...where to eat/see/stay?

Suggestions on sights to see on a short day trip through Oceanside, Carlsbad and Encinitas...not into crowds...natural wonders!!...Restaurants and reasonable hotels under 150.00? Thanks!

• zach aaronson

Rosie,

You'll have a blast! Skip out on Oceanside as you can find everything you'll want/need in Carlsbad and Encinitas! In Encinitas there are a ton of new gastropubs and cool new restaurants. Park on or near the Coast Highway (the 101) and walk! Coast Highway and D St. would be a great place to start - and walk South from there. If you want the best eggs benedict youve ever had, go try the 101 Diner as they have amazing breakfasts all around, or about a half block south of that is another killer breakfast/lunch spot called Honey's where you wait in line and order, then take a seat... Killer food as well and a pretty amazing acaí bowl! Walk about 6-8 blocks south from there and you will come up on Union Kitchen & Tap, whos got great drinks, cocktails, beer and good lunch/dinner grub, too. Lastly, you can venture one block further south from Union and check out the Self-Realization Fellowship which has beautiful grounds and sits on a cliff over looking a famous surf break called Swami's... Beautiful place. (There is also Swami's Cafe just across the street for more good breakfast food or acaí bowls.) Besides the few recommendations here, just walk and enjoy the scenery. You're bound to stumble upon a lot I've left out. In the event you need bathing suits, cool clothes, surf gear, snowboard/ski gear, surf rental equipment and/or any other awesome stuff, make sure to check out Hansen Surfboards just across the street from Union, they'll get you all handled! As for a place to stay, there is a Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites that sits only about 1 block east of the 101 I've been referring to - so its a great location if you plan on spending time in the downtown Encinitas neighborhood or the beach... Either way, you will leave this town with the hope of moving there! Enjoy Encinitas, enjoy...

-Zach

1. 101 Diner (restaurant)
    2. Honey's (restaurant)
    3. Union Kitchen & Tap (restaurant)
    4. Self-Realization Fellowship (attraction)
    5. Swami's Cafe (restaurant)
    6. Hansen Surfboards (attraction)
    7. Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send zach a Thank You Note