• Nina G.
  • "Round the World Ticket vs. One location at a time?"

Nina G.

San Diego, California

Round the World Ticket vs. One location at a time?

Considering traveling for a year and was curious if anyone had thoughts/past experiences with a Round The World ticket?

Can't decide if my boyfriend and I should purchase RTW tickets, or fly to one place at a time and "wing it" in a sense. I'm wondering which one might be cheaper. I also have some reservations about purchasing a RTW ticket because it seems like if we wanted to stay somewhere for longer and possibly work, it could prohibit us from doing so.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

• claus andersen

I have taken a round the world ticket by purchasing only one way tickets.

This is very doable and cheap for most of the journey, but be aware that crossing the Pacific Ocean can be very expensive.

I ended up finding a ticket from Ho Chi Minh City to Los Angeles for around 500 dollars, one way.

When you are in Asia you can fly around the continent cheaply with airlines like www.airasia.com www.flyscoot.com www.jetstar.com www.tigerairways.com www.cebupacificair.com www.vietjetair.com

In Europe you have budget airlines like www.easyjet.com www.vueling.com www.transavia.com www.ryanair.com www.norwegian.com www.germanwings.com www.wizzair.com www.flypgs.com www.blueairweb.com www.wowair.com

In the middle east you have www.flydubai.com www.airarabia.com

In Brazil you have www.voeazul.com.br

When crossing the Atlantic the best airlines for cheap one way tend to be www.wowair.com and www.norwegian.com

Hope this helps and have a nice trip.

1. Pacific Ocean (attraction)
    2. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
    3. Los Angeles (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send claus a Thank You Note