• Carolina Gahm
  • "Tours Companies/Guides in Rome?"

Carolina Gahm

Miami, Florida

Tours Companies/Guides in Rome?

Hi Everyone! 

What does everyone suggest when taking a tour of the Vatican, Coloseo, Sistine Chapel, basically all of Rome.  Do you have your favorite Tour Companies/Guides? 

Thanks a Million! 

• Krista Gray

Hi Carolina,

Krystal is spot on! The other guides I'd recommend outside of the activities you mentioned:

Scooter Roma Tours: Annie, an American, offers a wide range of awesome tours by scooter and bike (including a food tour)

Vayable: Hire a local to guide you through anything/everything you want to see, at a super reasonable price

Walks of Italy: Walking tours that cover the most popular sites

For monuments worth seeing/time to spend at each, I recommend booking a day for the Colosseo & Foro Romano (one ticket covers entrance to each), 1/2 day for the Palatino, an entire day for the Vatican + Vatican Museum (the museum is separate - so you can't see the Sistine Chapel simply by visiting St. Peter's Basilica), and a couple of days for walking around and seeing other sites, including: Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Piazza di Spagna, Villa Borghese, Campo de' Fiori, Trastevere, Castel Sant'Angelo/St. Angelo Bridge, Monte Mario.

Enjoy your trip, Rome is amazing! :)

• Carolina G.

Carolina G.

Thank you so very much!!! · (1 likelikes)

• Krista G.

Krista G.

Of course! And, if you want to live a day like a local, I listed some of my fave off the beaten path stops here: http://www.kristagray.com/blog/2014/12/5/how-to-spend-a-perfect-day-in-monteverde-rome · (1 likelikes)

1. Trevi Fountain (attraction)
    2. Piazza Navona (attraction)
    3. Piazza di Spagna (attraction)
    4. Villa Borghese (attraction)
    5. Campo de' Fiori (attraction)
    6. Trastevere (neighborhood)
    7. Castel Sant'Angelo (attraction)
    8. St. Angelo Bridge (unknown)
    9. Monte Mario (neighborhood)

• ·
    • ·

Send Krista a Thank You Note