• Andrew Pendrick
  • "Staying in Trastevere, Rome for one night. What two places should I visit?"

Andrew Pendrick

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staying in Trastevere, Rome for one night. What two places should I visit?

Next week I'll be in Rome for less than 24hrs. I'm staying in the Trastevere district and think I'll have enough time in the afternoon to visit two sites. But which ones would give me a taste of the city? I'm more interested in ancient history than the renaissance. 

Also any restaurant recommendations in Trastevere would be much appreciated. Oh! I'm a vegan (although folks I'm travelling with aren't).  

• Krista Gray

I love Trastevere - it's simply the best!

With one day available to you, I highly suggest simply exploring the tiny alleys, streets and squares (Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere is my fave) and walking along the Tiber River. For food, stop by Ristorante le Mani in Pasta or nearby L'antica Roma or Mò Mò Republic in Gianicolo. If you find yourself there, make it a point to visit the Dell'Acqua Paola Fountain to see the gorgeous fountain & sweeping vista of Rome's center.

My favorite gelato in the entire world, La Gourmandise, is also in this part of the city. Dario's flavors are handcrafted and taste tested, making them a perfect indulgence.

I shared more of my faves and "perfect day" in Rome with the blog Italian Talks here, if it's helpful. ENJOY! :)

1. Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere (unknown)
    2. Ristorante le Mani in Pasta (restaurant)
    3. L'antica Roma (attraction)
    4. Mò Mò Republic (restaurant)
    5. Dell'Acqua Paola Fountain (attraction)
    6. La Gourmandise (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Krista a Thank You Note