• Keith Spence
  • "Hidden gems attractions and restaurants in Rome"

Keith Spence

Denver, Colorado

Hidden gems attractions and restaurants in Rome

My wife and I will have 5 days to explore Rome on our own.  Besides the major attractions, we'd love to visit some off-the-beaten-path/hidden gem attractions and restaurants as well.  Anyone have any favorites?

• Florence (city)

Florence Tuscany

• Colosseum (attraction)

1 Piazza del Colosseo Roma Roma 00184 06 3996 7700

• Rome (city)

Rome Lazio

• Victoria Ancheva

Here are my personal secret gems that I found in Rome this year:

1. Little cafe Cristalli Di Zucchero - just off the tourist path when you are visiting Colosseum , right next to Circus Maximus . They have no tables, you either take away or eat standing like locals do. They make amazing home-made gelato during spring/summer season. And their sweets and little snacks are amazing. I hightly recommend taking a glass of Prosecco with one of those freshly made things they made that day.

2. For the best carpaccio go to Il Belli - Ristorante/Wine Bar (via Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli 33/35). It is across the river.

3. Obviously most famous gelato place is GIOLITTI (via Uffici del Vicario 40). Not really a gem but with their hundreds of different flavors it is like new for me every time).

PS And yes, agree with previous comments, Florence is amazing.

• Keith S.

Keith S.

These sound fantastic and we're definitely considering Florence. Thanks Victoria! · (1 likelikes)

• Rachel G.

Rachel G.

You always give really good answers. · (0 likelikes)

2. Cristalli Di Zucchero (restaurant)
    3. Colosseum (attraction)
    4. Circus Maximus (attraction)
    5. Il Belli (restaurant)
    6. GIOLITTI (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Victoria a Thank You Note