• Mac Z.
  • "Best place to move in Puerto Rico for non-spanish speaking family? "

Mac Z.

Red Bank, New Jersey

Best place to move in Puerto Rico for non-spanish speaking family?

We'll be in PR for 6 months next year, and I'd like to stay in the most fun, beautiful, family-oriented areas possible. We have young kids and we're definitely looking to be close to the beach, walking distance to schools, decent internet access, etc... Thanks!

• Micah Wakefield

Mac, I highly recommend Palmas del Mar in Humacao on the east coast. It is about 45 minutes from San Juan (without rush hour traffic). Beautiful location, family-friendly, many ex-pats and English-speaking in the community. My kids love it here and there are many, many day trips within a short drive from hiking to waterfalls, to snorkeling at gorgeous beaches off of Viequesor Culebra to coastal drives that are reminiscent of the road to Hana on Maui. Palmas del Mar has many options at decent prices for short-term leases/rentals. Check in with Casillas Realty and Ricardo will take great care of you and find you a great place. Palmas has parks, beaches, pools, two golf courses, 20 tennis courts, 8-10 restaurants, and much more. Culebraimage from city-data.com(Culebra)

• Mac Z.

Mac Z.

Thanks Micah. One follow up, are there good private schools in or near Palmas. I'll be in PR in two weeks and will certainly check out the area. Thanks so much! · (0 likelikes)

• Micah W.

Micah W.

Yes, Palmas Academy is an English/Spanish private school within Palmas. · (0 likelikes)

1. Humacao (city)
    2. Vieques (island)
    3. Culebra (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Micah a Thank You Note