• Josh Snyder
  • "How can I see Portland like a local?"

Josh Snyder

Gig Harbor, Washington

How can I see Portland like a local?

I'm going to be in Portland for a week and a half and have a lot of free time to see the city. What is your ideal day or favorite thing to do as a local? How can I experience the city as if I lived there? I'm an adventurous person and love the outdoors, so I'm up for anything.

• SE Division St (unknown)

SE Division St Multnomah County OR

• Forest Park (attraction)

Multnomah County OR 97231 (503) 823-4492

• Andrea Haupt

Josh, Josh, Josh...where to begin? A week and a half is a good amount of time to explore Portland. You already have some great suggestions from others. If you want to feel like a local, I wouldn't miss the Downtown Farmers Market on Saturday mornings in the up by Portland State University. Spend an afternoon walking in the Pearl District for local shopping, greats eats and obscure cafes. Eat somewhere on SE Division St (anywhere, really). And go for a hike in Forest Park. Visit https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/finder/index.cfm?action=ViewPark&PropertyID=127 for trail heads. Good luck and you'll be back.

1. Downtown Farmers Market (attraction)
    2. Portland State University (restaurant)
    3. Pearl District (neighborhood)
    4. SE Division St (unknown)
    5. Forest Park (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Andrea a Thank You Note