• Maria O'Dwyer
  • "Planning a big solo trip, where should I go?"

Maria O'Dwyer

Dublin, Ireland

Planning a big solo trip, where should I go?

I hope to travel in late Oct / Nov and will be travelling solo. I don't mind joining a tour group for a week or so at the destination and am more interested in people, culture, art, nature and scenery than sun or great beaches. I'm open to literally ANY destination(s) but it must be safe for a solo traveller. I will have 2-3 weeks to travel. Toying with Guatemala, Ecuador, Argentina or east to Vietnam or Cambodia. Would really appreciate any advice.

• Jared Huntley

General Trippy Media

Completely different and much closer, I would highly recommend Iceland. You'll find nowhere safer and more stunning than the small island nation. Travelling solo for 2-3 weeks would really get you immersed in the culture and natural splendour of the place. Icelanders are friendly and you can easily make friends on the road.You could discover sleepy little fishing villages, climb some glaciers and stay in amazingly scenic cabins. Plus at that time of year you might catch the northern lights! I've written a little about Iceland here.

Update! - full Iceland itinerary can be found here!

Alternatively, New Zealand has amazing things to see and do!.

1. Iceland (country)
    2. New Zealand (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jared a Thank You Note