• Hannah Grant
  • "What are the best foods Paris is known for?"

Hannah Grant

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

What are the best foods Paris is known for?

I'm going to Paris for the very first time in the spring!  What are the best foods Paris is known for and where can I find it?  I'll be traveling on a budget, so nothing too fancy, but if you can steer me in the right direction of the best croissants and french onion soup, etc, I'd love that!

• Melissa McCaffrey

Jealous - I just got back from Paris and can't wait to return! I echo what others before me have said, but can offer two VERY strong recommendations.

First - crepes. Ignore the tourist-trap stands around the Eiffel Tower and other monuments, and head to Breizh Café for authentic Breton crepes, both sweet and savory, and all AMAZING. Get a bowl of cider or share a carafe with a friend to complete your evening.

Second - bread/croissants/pastries/you name it - my husband and I found Au petit versailles du marais, near the Notre Dame, and went back twice more. The (I think?) chocolatine aux amandes was one of the best things I've ever eaten (like a chocolate croissant with almonds), and their "baguette tradition" is one of the best in Paris. Seriously. They win awards. Also, if you are a hot chocolate lover, their chocolat viennois is maybe the best hot chocolate I've ever experienced.

Breizh CaféBreizh CaféAu petit versailles du marais

Au petit versailles du marais

1. Breizh Café (restaurant)
    2. Au petit versailles du marais (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Melissa a Thank You Note