Steph Guerra

Boston, Massachusetts

Quick trip to Paris

Is two nights (2.5 days) enough time to see a decent number of places in Paris? What are some must-sees?

• Le Marais (neighborhood)

8 Rue Sévigné Paris 75004 +33 1 48 04 97 27

• Eiffel Tower (attraction)

Parc du Champ de Mars Paris Île-de-France 75007 +33 892 70 12 39

• Musée d'Orsay (attraction)

62 Rue de Lille Paris Ile-de-France 75007 01 40 49 48 14

• Courtney Robinson

Hi, Steph,

Personally, I would say no, it is absolutely not enough time but that's probably because it's my most favorite place on the planet. That said, here are a few of my favorite places there:

• Le Marais district--lively, fun, and a great place to go at night, this is an absolute must-see area. If you're going to be in town on a Sunday, this is a good place to go as everything is open.
    • Place des Vosges - this is a town square that used to be a complete dump but is now an incredibly beautiful place with art galleries and restaurants and street performers.
    • Palais Royal - Also another incredible square with stores and restaurants and one of my favorite parts of the city. Get a sandwich and sit in one of the green chairs by the fountain and watch the world go by.
    • Jardin du Luxembourg - This is a stunning park that is beyond gorgeous. There's a lot to see here but one of my favorite spots is the Fontaine Médicis on the eastern side.
    • Rue Mouffetard - I used to live around the corner from here--go here for dinner when all the neighborhood kids come out to eat and walk around.
    • Jardin des Tuileries - Not to get too garden heavy, but you really shouldn't miss this!
    • Bateaux Mouches - usually I advise people to stay away from touristy stuff but this is worth it, I promise. These are the boats that go down the Seine and you'll see things you literally can't see any other way.
    • Muséum national d'histoire naturelle - I'm not a nature person but I never miss coming here. One of the best things about it is that it's so tourist free.
    • Jardin des Plantes - not sure when you're going, but if you're going in the spring, this is just outside the natural history museum so you should try to see it.
    • Berthillon -- best ice cream on the planet.
    • Opera Garnier - it's a little over the top, but it's just so much fun that it's worth seeing.
    • Père Lachaise Cemetery - I love this place and always go when I'm in town. Read up on all the superstitions about the graves before you go (like kissing Oscar Wilde's grave or rubbing certain statues for luck). It's a little out of the way, though, so I'd probably only go if you decide to go for more than 2.5 days.
    • Musée d'Orsay - in my opinion a much more entertaining museum than the Louvre or the Pompidou and much more manageable if you don't have a lot of time. That said, with just over two days, I'm not sure I would spend much time inside at all.
    • Rue Montorgueil - Lovely, fun street with a ton of restaurants.
    • Rue Saint-Honoré - one of my favorite streets in Paris. If you walk it east to west I think you'll find that it goes from bohemian to sophisticated in terms of stores, restaurants, etc. so you'll get a good mix.
    • Marche Aux Puces De La Porte De Vanves - Paris has some great flea markets and this is one of my faves (and one of the few places you can get a really good deal). Just make sure you check their website before you go for days and hours.
    • Ladurée - only this location, though--this is the original and the others just look like cookie cutters. Make sure you try their macarons!!!

Hopefully you can find a few things on this list you'll be into--I don't want to overwhelm you with too much to do!!!

• Brew J.

Brew J.

Courtney is totally correct about La Marais. Great place to just stroll and spend time. Any time in Paris is worth it!!! · (1 likelikes)

1. Le Marais (neighborhood)
    2. Place des Vosges (attraction)
    3. Palais Royal (attraction)
    4. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)
    5. Fontaine Médicis (attraction)
    6. Rue Mouffetard (attraction)
    7. Jardin des Tuileries (attraction)
    8. Bateaux Mouches (attraction)
    9. Muséum national d'histoire naturelle (attraction)
    10. Jardin des Plantes (attraction)
    11. Berthillon (attraction)
    12. Opera Garnier (attraction)
    13. Père Lachaise Cemetery (attraction)
    14. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
    15. Rue Montorgueil (attraction)
    16. Rue Saint-Honoré (attraction)
    17. Marche Aux Puces De La Porte De Vanves (attraction)
    18. Ladurée (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Courtney a Thank You Note