Paris with pets

hi--I'll be in Paris for several months starting in the fall and I'm bringing my two (small) dogs. I need a hotel for a couple of weeks while my apartment is being painted--any suggestions? For that or Paris with dogs in general? I've heard they like dogs so I'm hoping to find lots of places to bring them. 

• Courtney Robinson

Yes, you’re right, the French LOVE dogs so you won’t have any problems finding places to go. I’ve even seen dogs in restaurants here, at the bank, in department stores, etc. When I first moved here three years ago I was in almost the same situation and I stayed at Le Burgundy in the 1st and they totally rolled out the red carpet for my yorkie. They had a pet bed ready for her and asked if she needed special food, etc. They even have a grooming service and a pet sitter if you need one. I would definitely recommend Le Burgundy.

I agree, the French love dogs so you shouldn’t have a problem. The only thing that drives me a little crazy in Paris, though, is the lack of dedicated dog parks. You can bring your dogs to some of the city parks, but you may not be able to let them run free in all parts of the park so it can be hard to find a way to exercise them. I take mine to the Parc Montsouris in the 14th. It’s a little out of the way, but it’s a pretty park and they love it!

I’ve traveled there a lot with my dog and I always stay at Hotel Le Compostelle le Marais. It’s a great little 3-star hotel that accepts dogs. Not super-snazzy but very clean and very, very well located. No charge for pets, either.

Try the Hôtel des Grands Hommes. It’s in the Latin Quarter which is my favorite part of the city and it’s gorgeous and the service is excellent. They do charge a small fee for your dog but it’s something like ten bucks a day and the rooms are beautiful. It’s not super super cheap but it’s very fairly priced. I’d stay here even if I didn’t have a dog.

1. Le Burgundy (hotel)
    2. Parc Montsouris (state)
    3. Hotel Le Compostelle le Marais (hotel)
    4. Hôtel des Grands Hommes (hotel)
    5. Latin Quarter (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Courtney a Thank You Note