• Shrirang Joshi
  • "How many days should a first timer spend in Paris?"

Shrirang Joshi

Pune, India

How many days should a first timer spend in Paris?

Next summer we plan to visit Munich, Rome, Paris and Berlin in one trip. I have already received tips on Rome and have asked a question about Berlin.

Can someone suggest how long do we need in Paris to get a feel of the city?

• Shrirang J.

Shrirang J.

Thanks. I was thinking of 5. · (0 likelikes)

• Notre Dame Cathedral (attraction)

6 Parvis Notre-Dame Place Jean-Paul II Paris Île-de-France 75004 +33 1 42 34 56 10

• Arc de Triomphe (attraction)

Place Charles de Gaulle Paris Seine Paris 75008 01 53 89 50 50

• The Louvre (attraction)

Place des Pyramides Paris 75001 +33 1 40 20 50 50

• Paul Weinstein

I would say at least a week. Paris is a great walking city. There are many wonderful gardens, museums and churches. .

You will need one day on the Champs-Élysées , Place de la Concorde with Musée de l'Orangerie des Tuileries with Monet Water Lilly murals in basement, Jardin des Tuileries with lots of fountains and sculpture, and The Louvre (Right Bank, 1st and 8th).

One day walking the boulevard Le St Germain (Left Bank., 7th , 6th, 5th) with Jardin du Luxembourg, Paroisse Saint Sulpice and church). Stop at Café de Flore for a glass or a coffee on the terrace (at hang out for Picasso, Sartre and Hemingway)

One day exploring the banks of the river La Seine (lunch at Cafe Voltaire ) and the two islands - Ille de La Citè with Notre Dame Cathedral and Ile Saint-Louis - great sculpture garden muse in Plein Air and the Jardin des Plantes (have a mint tea in the Hammam bath house) and the city will have built sand beaches on the river for the summer called Paris plage Bassin de la Villette . Also start the river day and take the boat tour Bateaux Mouches .

I recommend buying a Michelin Green guide and looking at their site rankings 3 star are the musts. Etc. the Access Guide is arranged geographically so you can see what is around you (this good for all your cities - probably Smart phone versions now). A great "secrets guide" with website is My Little Paris.

There is music and concerts every night. There are classical concerts in local venues often churches every night. Jazz and rock everywhere.

A week will just give you a taste.

.

• Shrirang J.

Shrirang J.

Thanks for such a detailed response. Once I prepare my itinerary, I will share here. · (0 likelikes)

Good stuff, Paul! Thanks for sharing this comprehensive guide to Paris :) By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the places in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. With all the places that you mentioned, how cool does your map look?! · (0 likelikes)

• Tiffany W.

Tiffany W.

I absolutely agree with this. I always spent a full week in Paris... it's a perfect amount of time and you'll leave still wanting more, but not at all tired of it. · (0 likelikes)

1. Champs-Élysées (attraction)
    2. Place de la Concorde (attraction)
    3. Musee de l'Orangerie (attraction)
    4. Jardin des Tuileries (attraction)
    5. The Louvre (attraction)
    6. Le St Germain (attraction)
    7. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)
    8. Paroisse Saint Sulpice (attraction)
    9. Café de Flore (restaurant)
    10. La Seine (attraction)
    11. Cafe Voltaire (restaurant)
    12. Ille de La Citè (attraction)
    13. Notre Dame Cathedral (attraction)
    14. Ile Saint-Louis (attraction)
    15. Plein Air (attraction)
    16. Jardin des Plantes (attraction)
    17. Paris plage Bassin de la Villette (attraction)
    18. Compagnie des Bateaux Mouches (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Paul a Thank You Note