Susan Ho

New York, New York

Best fine dining in Paris?

I'm going to Paris for a weekend Feb 5-8 and while we know there's a number of more casual places we definitely want to check out (Frenchie, Le Chateaubriand, Le Comptoir - if anyone has tips on getting into Le Comptoir for dinner let me know), I'd love to know one fine dining spot we can and should book in advance.

And something not Alain Ducasse or Joel Robuchon but more modern and interesting. 

• Jenifer Duke

Sounds like a fun trip! Le Chateaubriand was great! Such a good deal too! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

My recommendation isn't modern, but it sure is delicious. I chose Arpège (L'Arpege) as my one ultra fancy meal during my last trip to Paris mostly due to the fact that the owner/executive chef is a legend when it comes to French cuisine. Imagine my surprise when he came out to greet every single person dining that evening. I almost fainted! I went in January 2013 which happened to be black truffle season so the menu included loads of truffle. Including this Comte aged 3 years topped with about a 1/4 oz of truffle which is still the best cheese course I've ever had.

General Trippy Media

He's also the creator of the famous Arpege egg, which you might have seen on some fine dining menus before. I could happily eat a dozen of these!

General Trippy Media

Enjoy your culinary adventure!

• Susan H.

Susan H.

Thanks Jenifer! Will take a look. Hopefully we can snag a reservation. · (1 likelikes)

• Courtney R.

Courtney R.

Phenomenal post, Jenifer! Looking forward to more of your Paris advice!!! · (1 likelikes)

1. Arpège (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jenifer a Thank You Note