• Glenn Dwyer
  • "Have travelled to Osaka every year for the past 3 years. Looking to stay in an apartment next March instead of a Hotel, any recommendations?"

Glenn Dwyer

Gosford, Australia

Have travelled to Osaka every year for the past 3 years. Looking to stay in an apartment next March instead of a Hotel, any recommendations?

• Annemarie D.

Annemarie D.

Would you recommend Osaka for a Japan first-timer? · (0 likelikes)

• Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Yeah I think so. Osakans are known for being friendly types. Don't be put off by any language concerns. I have never ever had any problem getting around. If you ask someone they are willing to help because they appreciate being able to practise their English. · (1 likelikes)

• Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Oh one other thing if you like your food Osaka has the nickname of the Dinner Plate of Japan. Heaps of fantastic cuisine. · (1 likelikes)

• Annemarie D.

Annemarie D.

Great thoughts. Thanks. I've traveled China quite a big, but not Japan. I'm a history buff, so I have these romanticized visions of Okinawa that I think are probably quite wrong in 2013, and am looking for alternatives. Probably won't take this trip til late next year, but always good to look ahead! · (0 likelikes)

• Glenn D.

Glenn D.

If you like History then a place called Nara is a great place to check out in Osaka. It was Japan's first Capitol. The Todaiji Temple is amazing! Worlds largest wooden building. House one of the worlds largest Buddhas 15 meters tall! · (1 likelikes)

• Jonathan Boon

I don't know about apartments, but if you're flying solo, "First Cabin" might interest you. It's a budget type hotel (shared bathrooms), but really nice looking digs.

• ·
    • ·

Send Jonathan a Thank You Note