• Lisa Day
  • "Odd/Temporary Jobs or Careers while traveling?"

Lisa Day

Seattle, Washington

Odd/Temporary Jobs or Careers while traveling?

Hello,

I'm wondering what you all think about work and careers.  Personally, I would like to travel around from place to place for a long time possibly working only odd or temporary jobs and travel writing/blogging.  Though that may not make a whole lot of money.  

Any experience or advice on choosing your own path and actually being able to sustain it?

• Tiffany Weber

So this depends on who you are and what your skill set is. There are English teaching jobs globally that offer opportunities to live and support yourself abroad. I've known freelance writers and photographers who do that to some extent, but you need to be able to produce and find payment for content which can be tricky. There's a couple who have been traveling the globe for years - one is an IT guy who can take his work anywhere and the other is a photographer. They have a blog at for91days.com.

Another friend has a traditional job at a big international company, but moves around and travels because he can do all his work online and just show up for a monthly business meeting.

So, in choosing your own path, consider your strengths and passions and where those could place you, then search for places either volunteer or paid that offer locations that may interest you.

• nitin c.

nitin c.

uiykhjghyguh · (0 likelikes)

• nitin c.

nitin c.

bcvbhfg · (0 likelikes)

• nitin c.

nitin c.

fgtrg · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tiffany a Thank You Note