• Dave Trindall
  • "First thing to do after landing in NYC?"

Dave Trindall

Frenchs Forest, New South Wales, Australia

First thing to do after landing in NYC?

What's the very first thing I should do / see in New York after landing there from Australia? I was thinking Statue of Liberty but want to consider other great options.

• cyn s.

cyn s.

If you get there late, the first thing I would do is go to the Dizzy Coca Cola lounge for Jazz music!! There is a late night show at 11:30pm, Tues/Wed. the cover charge is $5 plus $10 min. in drinks/food. We just got back 2 weeks ago, and by far that was my favorite thing to go to since our plane landed around 8pm · (0 likelikes)

• Empire State Building (attraction)

350 5th Avenue New York NY 10001 (212) 736-3100 ‎

• Statue of Liberty (attraction)

Liberty Island New York New York 10004-1467 (212) 561-4500

• Times Square (metro area)

714 7th Avenue New York City New York 10036 (212) 768-1560

• Caitlin Biskup

I would not suggest the Statue of Liberty as the first thing. It's very time consuming and expensive. Between the lines and the ferry you're looking at a good three hours. First thing I'd suggest is go the Meatpacking District and walk up High Line Park. It's a former elevated train track that has recently been made into a beautiful aerial garden walk way. It stretches about 25 blocks with spectacular views of the west side and the Hudson River. You can stop at one of the food vendors for a bite to eat and sit and people watch. Entrance is free and it'd be a great way to start seeing the city.

General Trippy Media

• Courtney R.

Courtney R.

+1 on the Meatpacking District--love that area. · (1 likelikes)

1. Meatpacking District (neighborhood)
    2. High Line Park (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Caitlin a Thank You Note