• Christa Harlin
  • "Solo travel Itinerary and tips for New Orleans?"

Christa Harlin

Bolingbrook, Illinois

Solo travel Itinerary and tips for New Orleans?

I'm going to New Orleans in early-mid July. My sister may come with me but I'm most likely going solo. I have traveled by myself to Ireland and Costa Rica before but never in the States! Any suggestions on where to stay? Things to do? Tricks to beat the heat? How long to stay? I'm thinking of headed down on July 9th. A little background, I'm a 27 year old female. I just finished my first year of medical school and this will be my LAST FREE SUMMER so I want to make it good :)

• Josh Reyher

I have answered this before on my favorite restaurants. As far as places to stay Sheraton New Orleans Hotel or New Orleans Marriott or The Westin New Orleans Canal Place and you will be fine. There are a lot of VBRO and Air B&B options as well. If you can arrive on the 8th you will be in time for the Running of the Nola Bulls. One of the coolest events of the year! Make sure to pack a white shirt and shorts and bring your red sash! You are sure to meet some folks down here at the event. As far as beating the heat...stay hydrated doctor!

1. Sheraton New Orleans Hotel (hotel)
    2. New Orleans Marriott (hotel)
    3. The Westin New Orleans Canal Place (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Josh a Thank You Note