• christina gallo
  • "News Orleans mid-October to-do's?? "

christina gallo

New York, New York

News Orleans mid-October to-do's??

Hey There!

I will be driving from Georgia to New Orleans in mid-October. Any suggestions on must-do's in NOLA? Would love a reco on where to stay as well (without breaking the bank as I will be staying there for 5 days). I also want to visit the bayou if you have any suggestions or tours I should check out!

• Café du Monde (restaurant)

800 Decatur St New Orleans LA 70116 (504) 525-4544

• Frenchmen Street (attraction)

300 - 635 Frenchmen St New Orleans LA 70116

• Cochon (restaurant)

930 Tchoupitoulas St New Orleans LA 70130 (504) 588-2123

• Josh Reyher

You are going to have a great time and as previously mentioned the weather will be great. At the end of October will be Voodoo Music fest, akin to Jazzfest but quite as big. Halloween is as big as Christmas here. If you are trying to save $$ over five days try not to stay at the boutiques in the French Quarter. I would look at Air B&B for places in Bywater or Marigny. You might be able to find a deal The Cotton Mill in the CBD. The CBD has some of the coolest places to eat Cochon was #1 a few years ago and Peche was rate #1 new restaurant nationally! It is easy to go party in the QTR (if that is what you want) from either CBD or Bywater. If you want to stay up town I have stayed at Mandevilla Bed & Breakfast. Uptown there are some great places for music and food. Music wise there is Gasa Gasa and Freret Street PUBLIQ HOUSE. Also Maple Leaf Bar great place for live music. Eating uptown is better than most places in the quarter. For Breakfast I would recommend Refuel Cafe, Satsuma Cafe . Other places to go eat The High Hat Cafe, Wayfare, Patois, Ancora Pizzeria, GG's Dine-O-Rama (breakfast), Parkway Bakery & Tavern (po-boys). If looking for some bayou time you can easily drive out to Lafite Barataria Crown VolJean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, for beignets I recommend Cafe Beignet. I am not a Du Monde fan and it is just too crowded for me.

Awesome recommendations, Josh! And I am with you on Du Monde. Though I do think it's a bucket list spot, once is enough for me :) · (1 likelikes)

• christina g.

christina g.

This is great advice and very helpful. Thanks so much Josh!! · (1 likelikes)

1. French Quarter (restaurant)
    2. Bywater (neighborhood)
    3. Marigny (neighborhood)
    4. The Cotton Mill (attraction)
    5. Cochon (restaurant)
    6. Peche (restaurant)
    7. Mandevilla Bed & Breakfast (hotel)
    8. Gasa Gasa (attraction)
    9. Freret Street PUBLIQ HOUSE (restaurant)
    10. Maple Leaf Bar (attraction)
    11. Refuel Cafe (restaurant)
    12. Satsuma Cafe (restaurant)
    13. The High Hat Cafe (restaurant)
    14. Wayfare (restaurant)
    15. Patois (restaurant)
    16. Ancora Pizzeria (restaurant)
    17. GG's Dine-O-Rama (restaurant)
    18. Parkway Bakery & Tavern (restaurant)
    19. Lafite Barataria Crown Vol (attraction)
    20. Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve (attraction)
    21. Cafe Beignet (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Josh a Thank You Note